Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Positive Originality...



If you can't read the bottom line, it says, "My best characteristic is that I rock." We tell him all of the time that he rocks. I just can't believe that he wrote it down. He also wrote a few adjectives that best describe him. As you can read, he wrote funny, glad, happy, good, and fast. I'm so glad to see that our son is such an optimist and has a confident view of his life.

I have been so pessimistic lately. If I had to write down 5 adjectives that best describe me, I wouldn't be as generous. I have really been in a funk lately. I feel like all that I am is a tired, run-down, less attractive, grumpy, frustrated Mommy that is always playing catch-up with my house work & my life.

Reading my 8 year old's words is very encouraging to me. It lets me know that we've done part of our job as parents and we've encouraged him enough that it's stuck with him. It also shows what a positive outlook he has on life. Plus, it's plain hilarious and gave us a really good laugh!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is awesome!!! I'm sure things will get better! Your have a new born and I know from friends that things are still pretty wacky at this time when they have ONE kid..and you are taking care of THREE and obviously doing a great job!!

HAve a good week!!!!

 
Designed by Lena