Monday, May 11, 2009

Sad news...

I'll update more later, but the short of it is that my father-in-law died from an accident today. He was up in a tree stand trying to cut down the topper of the tree when it shook the wrong way and he fell out. He landed on his back and they think that he died on impact. My husband saw it happen. Of course it is a difficult time for all of us. He was a man that lived life 10 years younger than his age. He was healthy & strong. He was a man full of faith and he lived his life to serve Jesus. I know that he is with Jesus now. And we are left with the sadness of our loss. We appreciate all of your prayers.

6 comments:

The Foster Home said...

My prayers are with the whole family, especially Derrick and his mom!!

Lora said...

i am so sorry for your loss. clint and i are praying for you all. lora

Jo said...

I'm so sorry for this, Derrick and Val. We will be praying for you. I can't imagine how hard this is for you all.

AtlantaMama said...

so sad. we will certainly pray for yall. that is so hard. i'm deeply sorry for your loss.

Stephanie Roscoe-AFN Ministries said...

So sorry for your loss. Praying for you guys!

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness. How awful that must have been. So glad Jesus was there to comfort you all.

 
Designed by Lena