Thursday, February 7, 2008

It always amazes me...

Last night, Derrick had to go to the store late, so that we could have some milk in the morning. When he got home he asked if I knew that Mexico & the USA were playing soccer? Of course, I had no clue. But what is so amazing to us is that the majority of the families here were watching the game. The game was as big to them as the Superbowl is to us. Really, almost every game is that big to them...especially the big rival games. Back to my point...I'm sure that not even 1% of the US population knew that they were playing last night. I'm sure that only the craziest of soccer fans in the US knew. But yet, here in Mexico, their world stopped for the game. It's that way all over the world, except for the US...soccer is the main sport and they are more intense over it than their own lives.


I think my little girl is cutting some molars. She woke up with a fever & other stuff that I will refrain from talking about on a public blog. For those of you that know her, you know that she isn't not the easiest patient. Giving her medicine is a gagging process for her...meaning she gags it down, even if it's Dimetapp. She also volunteered to take a nap today. I couldn't believe it!!! She was out in 30 seconds. You know she is sick when she sits still all day and takes a nap.


***************** UPDATE *********************


We just remembered that our little girl drank some water from the ground, outside, a couple of days ago. She drank it w/out us knowing, and her brother informed us. She said that she didn't drink it, but she has recently confessed to doing so. Just as a precaution, we are giving her Vermox, which is medicine for parasites. Please pray for her, and that no matter what the cause of the sickness is, she will be healed. Thanks.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena