Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Scares & Joys

Yesterday, I had the scare of the week. I was upstairs checking my email, when I hear "WHACK" on our tile floor and then the ear-piercing, blood-curdling scream of my daughter. I'm already having a hard time walking, b/c my hips are separating. But at that point, my hips were not a concern & I ran downstairs (paying for it later w/ the pulled inner-thigh muscle). Thankfully, she was walking to meet me at the stairs, w/ blood & drool pouring from her mouth. Apparently, she was spinning on the couch and fell face-first on to the tile floor. It wasn't as bad as it looked and she calmed herself down in about 10 seconds, b/c something interesting was on the TV. But I'm sure the Moms out there know how awful it is to ever have to hear that scream. Like the time that our oldest fell out of the chair, broke his arm, AND dislocated his elbow.



On a silly note, I just had my one Coke for the day, and it was so nice! I really enjoy my one Coke a day. I don't think that I could ever give it up. I can really say that it is like a drug for me; it's relaxing. The fact that I have one Coke a day is a miracle, considering the fact that I grew up w/ a Mom that works for Coke AND that I used to drink like 4 a day. But now that I've had kids, the weight stays on a lot easier, so I have to minimize.


It's beautiful here! The weather during the day is sunny, no humidity, and mild. I'm looking forward to March/April, b/c it will be hotter and we can take a trip to the beach. We only live a few hours from the beach, so it's very convenient. There's nothing like the beauty of the Pacific beaches!

1 comment:

Jen said...

OMG.. you are finally posting! Good for you. Yup, Rosie sprained her wrist and chipped her tooth all in the last week. What will I ever do with that girl?

 
Designed by Lena