Friday, January 4, 2008

Moving along...

I had a doctor's appointment today. It's funny b/c my doctor goes by months. With my first 2 pregnancies, it was always "how many weeks are you?" So I forget a lot of times how many weeks I actually am. I think I'm 23 weeks, but according to my doctor, 5 months. He also doesn't have a machine to listen to the heart beat. He listens w/ a cone-type thingy; it's very ancient, but nonetheless it works. My weight is good, blood pressure is good, so I am feeling very blessed.


I've been getting a lot of questions lately about the hospital, birth, etc. So here are some of the things that are very different here.


1) My doctor will never check me, to see if I've dilated, at his office. He just waits for me to go into labor.

2) Induction is not an option, only c-sections are scheduled.

3) I can only receive an epidural btwn. 5-6 centimeters.

4) I have to supply my own pads, underwear, diapers for the baby at the hospital, etc.

5) Derrick is the only one allowed in the room, and the kids are not allowed up at the hospital.

6) The paperwork is insane to make sure that your kid is a legal citizen of both countries. And we have to take pictures, while I'm pregnant, w/ my kids & doctor...to prove that we did not steal or buy the baby and that it is really ours.



I think that's all for now. Here's a picture of the belly progress. One of the first w/ the kids.


1 comment:

Valarie Lea said...

Ok, so I am just now getting around to reading alot of your earlier post. Sorry about that. They answered several questions I have already asked you. :) Anyway that number Six on this list is crazy. That is one thing I would not have considered needing to do.

 
Designed by Lena