Friday, January 21, 2011

3 Toddlers and a Baby

This past Tuesday our kids finally went back to school after having all of last week off because of ice.  I really enjoyed our time off but it was also nice to get back to our normal schedule.  Also on Tuesday a good friend of mine called me to tell me that she was in labor.  Kara is our church secretary (or whatever the PC title is).  Her and husband used to be in our youth group a long time ago.  Now they're married with 2 children!  The reason for her call was because I was taking care of her 22 month old son while she was in the hospital.  So during the day this week I had 3 kids, ages 2 1/2, 22 months, and 17 months.  It was hilarious, fun, and crazy.  Three boys fighting over the same toy, but then playing harmoniously with cars.  They were all on the same nap/nighttime schedule which made things very smooth.  We had so much fun and our friend is now at home getting to know his baby brother.

Our oldest son started basketball this past week.  At the school our kids attend, they offer basketball for all ages.  Not only is he playing basketball but our daughter is going to be a cheerleader.  Thankfully, no short skirts.  Only shorts.  Unless they make cheerleading skirts knee-length, I don't see her advancing her cheerleading career.  The games kick off at the beginning of February and only last a little over a month.  It's a short season but it's enough to give them practice and allow them to feel what it's like to compete for something.

My kids are currently at a birthday party at Sparkles skating rink.  Oh, that takes me back.  I used to spend many nights at Sparkles when I was a kid.  We also had school skating parties there.  I attended friends' birthday parties there.  I remember their huge pickles, suicide drinks, video games, and of course, skating to some fabulous 80's songs.  Sometimes when I hear certain songs it takes me back to the skating rink.  

I will be leaving shortly with my 2 young ones to reunite with their playmate from this week.  I am taking dinner over to Ben & Kara.  I also get to meet their sweet baby Asher!  I know that my 2 younger boys and their 2 boys are going to cause a lot of trouble, I mean fun, in kids church in a few years.  I love that our kids have grown up with certain friends' kids and that they have close relationships already that will last a lifetime.

I know that I was long overdue for an update.  I'm finding that my time on the computer has become less and less as my boys get more and more active/demanding.


2 comments:

Jen said...

Tell her congrats, and I love the name, LOL!!

Elizabeth said...

Sparkles= RAD!!!

 
Designed by Lena