We've had a busy week! First, let me say that we have started a semi-home improvement project. It's at a decent stopping point, but our garage is a war-zone. I try not to die by tripping over cut tile or saws while attempting to get stuff out of my deep freezer.
This past Monday we had our youth leaders' party. Don't ask me why, but I volunteered to cook a 23 lb. turkey AND macaroni and cheese. It was all delicious and we have half of a turkey left over. That was kinda the point in having a big bird...I love leftover turkey.
Tuesday was the long awaited school, Christmas musical. Our son had a main speaking part and our daughter had a duet/solo in one song. It was a HUGE production and Mrs. Faver (the director) did a great job with getting it all together! It was a funny show with a great story. It's called "It all happened in the country" if you want to try to get it together for your church and/or school.
Wednesday I spent most of the afternoon with my friend, Cassie. We made cake pops and I prepared the dough for my nutella chip cookies (which I'm baking right now). BONUS: It started snowing while we were baking! How very Christmas-like; baking, snow, Christmas music, and a good friend to share it with while my boys were napping and the older 2 were at a movie.
I was about to get the house ready for our youth Christmas party, but FB status updates started pouring in about how icy the roads were and how cars were on the side of the road everywhere. That's Georgia for you...icy roads and people that still drive them like maniacs. We had to cancel the party. Some friends of ours were still out and it was just as easy to come over here as it was to turn around and go home. We had a delicious pizza from Fabiano's and watched "Finding Nemo" as we sat by the fire.
Today, school was closed. Usually it would have been delayed. It was a half day today. Really no point in showing up for 2 hours...well, except for those high schoolers that are taking their exams. I slept in until 8 a.m. My husband made pancakes for breakfast as we watched "Home Alone 2".
I'm now baking cookies. I must admit. I've made one batch already. I know that the idea of nutella chip cookies seems really good, but I'm not that impressed. The taste of nutella is not as strong as I felt it should have been. We'll see.
I'm not sure if these cookies are a reflection on the lack of nutella flavor that I was expecting or the fact that this is my first batch of homemade cookies ever. I know. Don't gasp. I've made many cookies before, just not from scratch. There you go...it's my lazy mom confession.
More parties to come this week. Plus more freezing rain and weather; it keeps things interesting.
3 comments:
you should change your name to mrs. claus. ;)
p.s. send some treats my way!
Yummm, Nutella cookies sound delicious, but not so much if they don't taste like Nutella....haha!
We didn't have much snow/ice in my immediate area, so schools were open.
Did someone say... "lazy mom confession?" Good girl.
:)
The Lazy Mom
www.imalazymom.com
Post a Comment