I was never a gamer as a kid. I played Super Mario Bros. at friends' houses and stuff, but I was never that good. I played certain video games at the bowling alley or skating rink, but only the ones that I knew that I could win. I was never interested. Until a few years ago......
We were so excited when the Wii came out in stores. It made me feel like I could play video games and yet not be a complete loser at them. I was doing more than just pressing buttons. I was bowling, playing tennis, attempting to play golf (still not good at that one), etc.
Then the Wii Fit came out! I was in heaven! I don't really compete with my kids or my husband. I compete with my own personal best. I like to own spots 1, 2, and 3. I am the only one in the family that has overcome the obstacle course. I have the top spots in hula hoop, ski jump, add 10 (or whatever it's called), and kung fu.
When Rock Band and Guitar Hero came on to the scene, I liked them as well. Give me the microphone and tell me it's karaoke and I'm on my way. All pride kicked to the side.
Christmas came and my daughter received a new game. Just Dance 2. How did I miss this game before? When can I get the first one? I LOVE this game. It's a workout AND it makes me think I'm back in my high school/college dancing years again. No worries...the Wii is in the privacy of our bedroom. I also bought the Zumba game. If these things can make my thighs (to quote Lazy Mom) less jiggly, then I'm all for it! Plus it's like being a kid again. There are so many places I could go with how good it feels to have fun like a child, with no care of how I look (in the privacy of my bedroom).
3 comments:
Jameson got the PS3 Move for Christmas, but I think now, we should have got the Wii. There's hardly anything out for the PS3 Move and there is only so much "Lego" Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Batman I can take! haha
Maybe for Mother's Day I can talk them into a Wii!
We got Wii Fit for Christmas. It has been fun, for sure! we will have to try Just Dance at some point.
So far, all our Wii games have been for the kids (my favorites are Littlest Pet Shop and Monster Trucks 4x4, lol), but I really want Wii Fit next time there's an occasion to get Mom a gift! Moriah would probably like the dancing one (and I might too if it's not too hard on my back). We'll have to try that one.
Post a Comment