I'm sure that this happens in year-round school, but I think that our kids should be out of school from Thanksgiving to New Year. My kids have 3 weeks in between Thanksgiving & Christmas break. During those 3 weeks they have Christmas play practice (which our son has a huge speaking part in and our daughter has a solo), Christmas parties, and half-days for the last 3 days before vacation. In my opinion, it would just be easier to be out of school. I know that would require a HUGE adjustment to the school year calendar. And I know that my kids are getting some work completed. All in all, they're ready for Christmas. I'm ready for Christmas. My husband, being a teacher, is ready for Christmas. I'd say it's a win-win. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have never thought it about it like that. It would be great to have more time with the kids around the Holidays. My son was born in November and it was so nice to have that time off.
Post a Comment