Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's a Miracle!!!

Our bedroom is clean!

I have spent almost all day in our bedroom, working to clean it up. I have been watching "The Office" on DVD, folding clothes, sorting clothes for the younger boys (2T, 3T, winter/summer), cleaning out drawers and closets, and I even cleaned the bathroom. All while doing laundry and folding what comes from that, as well.

Here's the problem with our bedroom. When we have company I just put everything from downstairs into our room. Chances are that nobody is going in there. If somebody is going into our room then they know me well enough not to judge me (ManEater). I know that many people think that a couple's bedroom should be a sanctuary. To tell you the truth, we spend about 8 hours a day in our room...that's for sleep and showers. Our kids aren't old enough to allow us time in a sanctuary. Plus, there's a TV in our bedroom...an Oprah no-no. We don't care. We sleep there.

Which leads me to another reason why my room is never clean. I have 2 toddlers...yes, our baby is walking and is now toddling. There is no way that I can bring them up to my room while I clean without them making a bigger mess than what was originally there.

Today was the perfect day for cleaning/organizing it. My husband was home and helped with the kids. The Wii is now in the playroom and offers tons of fun on the weekends (since they can't play the Wii during the school week).

I also realized that we need more and more hangers. Our oldest is big enough that his clothes fit on adult hangers. Our daughter's probably could, but I'm trying to hold off and using the kid hangers for her. With everyone's clothes clean and hung up we are short about 5 hangers. To fit everyone's clothes, I took a few of my shirts of my hangers. I'll be at Dollar General tomorrow...buying more hangers.

I am enjoying our clean room. I can see the floor around my bed and I can see, AND SIT ON, the recliner and glider that are in our room.

Serenity now..................

1 comment:

Robin said...

YEAH for a clean room!!! I just spent HOURS hanging up all our clothes this afternoon....it's my LEAST favorite thing to do around here! And WHY do clothes hangers have to be so expensive? I mean, come on, they are either just plastic or wire...LOL!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

 
Designed by Lena