Saturday, April 3, 2010

~ Take Me Out to the Ball Game ~

Our son's team played the toughest team in the league today. They lost. Not only did they lose, but it was run-ruled. I didn't mind in the least. I got to leave 45 minutes earlier than planned on this beautiful Saturday. Our boys are good. They are still learning. I'm not a competitive person, so I'm not uptight if they lose. It happens. Our son is smiling and having fun. When it becomes competitive it loses some of the fun...in my humble, non-competitive opinion.

Along with this beautiful weather comes walking/jogging. I have recently discovered how hilly our neighborhood is. That means I jog while going downhill and walk while going uphill. I love to feel the breeze when I'm walking. I love to look at God's creation and pray.

I also have held very strongly to only having one soft drink a week. I had it yesterday. It was a Dr. Pepper. And the funny thing is, when I drank it, it was just ok. It wasn't like, "WOW! That's one good, thirst-quenching soft drink!". I really prefer water. I take a 32 oz rubbermaid bottle of water with me everywhere. I've also stayed away (for the most part) from candy bars, cake, white flour, and fried foods. The scale better move sometime soon or I'm going to explode!

It's Spring Break! I'm looking forward to a week of not having to wake up to an alarm clock. We were going to go to the beach with my mother-in-law. When Paw Paw died, we canceled it. We're sticking to the fun things around here...Tanger Outlets, Lake Lanier, and maybe the Zoo.

I hope that you all enjoy your Resurrection Sunday!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena