Friday, April 2, 2010

~ Good Friday ~

On the day that we celebrate the death and burial of Jesus, we also buried Douglas Johnson. I've been a part of this family for 11 years. In the whole time that I've known this family, I never knew Paw Paw as everyone else did probably 15 years ago or more. I did know him as a great man. He was a worshiper, an intercessor, and he poured love & blessing over all of us. In 10 months I (along with many others) have lost 2 of the godliest men that I know.

Speaking of that other godly man...I really miss my father-in-law right now. It has really hit me lately how hard life has been without him. I never knew that I would miss him this much. I told my Mom today that I almost wish that he could come back just so that I could appreciate & love him more. I know that deep down I appreciated all that he did for us. But I obviously got annoyed with him at one point or another because that's what happens when families live together. I just wish that I could have him back to love his annoyances and to let him know how much I love him even with all of his annoyances.

We are approaching the one year mark of his death. It's taken me this long to feel some of the full effects of him not being here.

Now that Paw Paw is up there in heaven, I wonder what's going on even more. I wonder if Paw Paw & Chuck have seen each other. I was thinking about heaven the other day. I wonder if we're going to hang out with our friends and share stories of what we did for Jesus. I wonder...........

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm very sorry for your losses. You guys have had quite a rough year. You know you will see them again--that's the good thing. But it's hard meanwhile, missing them so much. You all are in my prayers. Love ya!

 
Designed by Lena