Thursday, April 15, 2010

~ The Presence of God ~

It's not often that I get to be in the presence of God for a long period of time. I love to pray and worship. I usually spend my day praying when I can. When I receive prayer requests, I pray for them right then. Then as I lay down to go to sleep, I pray myself to sleep.

Another time that I am able to spend time with God is in the car. Yesterday I went grocery shopping by myself. On the 7 minute ride to and from the grocery store, I worshiped. What I love about the presence of God is that, when I'm in it, all of my cares go away. I worry about nothing and I know that everything will be OK. Then life happens and I forget that fact so quickly. I try to reassure myself with it, but I'm human and I just start that stupid fretting. I try to remember that everything that happens in my life is an opportunity for me to draw nearer to my Bridegroom and to build up our relationship.

Purging is a painful process sometimes. Other times it is pleasant and joyful. When God is purging me while I'm in His presence, it's painful yet joyful. I just wish that I could stay there longer.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena