On a lighter note, our baby got his first tooth. I'm glad I'm not nursing anymore. All of our other kids were almost a year old, if not a year old, when they got their first tooth.
A friend posted something on her blog about the health care bill. I have nothing against what she wrote, but it reminded me of my initial thought when the bill passed. I feel that my trust is in Jesus for my health. Yes, God provides doctors, nurses, and medicine to aid in all of that. But how many times do you run to Tylenol for a headache before you pray? I'm not condemning, I'm just saying. I'm do it, too. I feel that God is shaking this nation and all of this is part of the beginning. God wants His people to be closer to Him. I'm not saying for sure that He is doing this, but if He has to take away our trust in health care as we formerly knew it or even in our government, then He will do it. I don't feel like I'm getting all of my words out the way that I want to say them, so I'm just going to stop and I may edit this later. Anyway...here's the scripture that comes to mind.
Hebrews 12:26-29 ~
26At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, "Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens." 27The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain.
28Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29for our "God is a consuming fire."
1 comment:
I will certainly keep your friend in my prayers.
And I am sad for the divisiveness that this health care bill is causing in our country and on my beloved blogs.
Post a Comment