Sunday, March 14, 2010

~ Let's Save Some Daylight ~

When we were in Mexico, we lived really close to the mountain time zone. That means that when we had daylight savings time, the sun set at like 8:45 p.m. for us, because we were the last in the central time zone to get sunlight. I remember when we lept/leaped forward back in 2007, we had the hardest time adjusting to it. We didn't realize how much we relied on the sun to tell us what time it was. It seriously took us about a month to get used to it.

It's a little different here. I know that it's overcast today, so it's a little bit darker. But I had it in my head that it was going to be way lighter, way later. It kind of works out in my favor with putting the kids to bed and all.

This will be an exciting week! Our dear friends, the Bailey's, will be visiting us for a few days. They are missionaries in the Philippines. We all interned together back in 2000, in Guadalajara. That was a tough internship and it bonded us together. We've seen each other maybe 6 times since our internship and yet we still have the closest relationship with them. They have 5 kids, so we will have a house full of fun! Their 7 plus our 6 = 13 in our house for 3 days. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Surprisingly, today hasn't been too bad, even though we were almost late for Church this morning....lol!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Jen said...

With that many kids here is a practical tip based on my own experience:

Just set out stuff for breakfast and lunch that each person can make for themselves. If there are a bunch in the kitchen at one time, by all means work together, but it's a nightmare to try and ask everyone to come and tell you what they like and don't like. When we've gotten together with other big families, I just set out cereal and fruit for breakfast and sandwich stuff for lunch. Dinner is where we all eat together and I cook a big meal. It makes much less of a headache for you.

But you probably already knew this, I had to learn the hard way :)

Have fun with your friends!

 
Designed by Lena