Friday, February 12, 2010

~ When I see heavy snow ~

I think of Chuck and our trip to Yellowstone. Let me give you the story of Yellowstone. Chuck was visiting us in Mexico. I knew that he had been snowmobiling before. I mentioned how I would like to go, maybe while we were home for the holidays at the end of the year (2008). I didn't fully realize it, but Chuck's wheels were turning. Come fall of 2008, he was planning our trip to Yellowstone National Park and snowmobiling. All because I had mentioned that I wanted to go. That's how much my father-in-law loved me!

On our trip, we took a snow coach tour of Yellowstone National Park; well, part of it. It's a huge park. The next day, on New Years Day 2009, we went snowmobiling on all of the trails surrounding West Yellowstone. Mind you, I was pregnant with Noah at the time. I couldn't go as fast as the guys and I had to stand on my snowmobile most of the time, to absorb the shock of the bumps. You see the snow that we're getting right now? The snow that you can hardly see through? That's what we rode through in Yellowstone. I loved every minute of it. I never knew how special that trip was going to be.

Click here to see pictures of that trip. I don't have the pictures on this computer, otherwise I would post more.

HAPPY SNOW DAY, SOUTHERNERS!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena