My little girl had strep throat this week. We've never had a known case of strep throat in our house, so I didn't really know what to expect. For the most part, she handled it very well. When her fever was really high, she was kinda puny. There was one point that she said to me, at 11 a.m., that she just wanted to go to sleep and rest. But she in on the mend now and we should be at church in the morning.
Did I write about Valentine's? I can't remember so I'll do it anyway. D & I aren't big on Valentine's. But we took advantage of this one and had a date night. The Thursday before Valentine's Day, D took me to The Melting Pot. Yes...I heard all of those "yummmmmm"s. I love that place. Since it is kind of pricey, we don't eat there often. Let's see...the last time that we ate there was August 2003 for our 4 year anniversary. I love fondue. Chocolate fondue with marshmallows, strawberries, and bananas should be part of the marriage supper. Surprisingly, I loved the veggies cooked as well. Just all around a delicious meal with my man. Afterward he took me shopping. I am getting him a french press. He's picking it out himself, though, because I know nothing of coffee and anything that applies.
I am a huge fan of Prince Edward Island, thanks to "Anne of Green Gables". There is a commercial on ESPN where a sports announcer is quizzing Wayne Gretzky on Canada. One of the answers to the questions is "Prince Edward Island". That commercial makes me smile.
Our freezer. I went out to the deep freezer in the garage to get something the other day. It shares an outlet with one of those outlets that you have to reset it. Somehow the outlet was turned off and everything in our freezer was thawed out and ruined. Can I tell you that we had a prime rib roast in that freezer? I might as well have just thrown a $100 bill away with all of the food that was ruined. That makes me so mad when that happens. I am now going to be a freak about checking that outlet. No more ruined food. Especially a prime rib roast.
I am going to take up snowboarding. At some point in life, it will happen. Hopefully after I wean Noah and am free to go on trips without him. I have wanted to learn for a long time, just like I wanted to snowmobile. My snowmobile dream came true. The snowboarding dream will come true, too. Just wait and see. The Olympics have fueled the flame of my dream and my gears are turning and planning a trip. Maybe Shaun White can teach us.........
Why are we watching the Nationwide race when the Olympics are on?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i love your new blog layout! so cute... :)
Post a Comment