Has your child ever told you that they want to die? Mine has. My daughter has. Why does she want to die? She wants to see Jesus.
After Chuck died, my kids didn't really see what the problem was. They knew that he was with Jesus. They knew that there was no better place to be. So why were we all so sad?
Both of my older kids, at one point or another, have said that they are ready to go to heaven now because they want to see Jesus. We had a conversation with Shiloh about it one day in Mexico. I will never forget it. We were in the carport. He was standing by our trailer. Abigail was only 4 when we had that talk, so I guess she doesn't remember what I said.
Last week she found a book of Shiloh's. It's an old Abeka homeschool book that was given to us by the Pricer's. It has a picture of Jesus in it. Abigail asked me if that's what Jesus really looked like. I told her that we don't know what He looks like, but that she could ask Jesus to show her His face.
She started dancing around with the book. She was singing, "Jesus, I want to see you! I want to see your face!" She kept kissing the picture and telling me how much she loves Jesus. I then began to explain to her that when she seeks the heart of Jesus, she will see His face.
Two nights ago Abigail was running a very high fever. I told her that she needed to drink a lot to help bring down her fever. She said that she didn't want her fever to go down because she didn't want to go to school the next day. Her fever was over 102, it needed to come down. I told her that, even though she doesn't want to go to school, we need to get her fever down or she might have to go to the hospital. I said if she went with a fever for a very long time, she could die. She said, "But Mommy, I want to die. Then I can see Jesus and Papa."
I explained to her the same thing that I told Shiloh when he said that he was ready to go to heaven. I told her that Jesus has her on earth right now for a reason. She needs to tell others about God's love so that more people can live with us in heaven. I told her that Jesus needs her to stay here to help Him with that. She seemed to understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ryan talks about wanting to go to heaven all.the.time! It freaks me out but I realize it's only because that's where he knows Jesus is and he wants to physically see him. He cannot comprehend the fact that he can see all of us but not Jesus. So he wants to go there so he can see him. He does qualify it by saying he wants us all to go at the same time :)
How precious!! What a heart that little one has. Thank you for sharing this story.
Post a Comment