Tuesday, February 16, 2010

~ The Book Fair ~

I have not thought about a book fair in decades. I remember them, but they haven't been at the top of my list to remember. This week is the book fair at our kids' school. As soon as I opened up their folders and saw the flyer with pictures of hundreds of book covers, the memories came flooding back.

I remember LOVING the book fair. I loved looking through the flyer and circling the books that I wanted. I never got all of the ones that I wanted, but I at least got a couple. I bought a few Judy Blume books from the book fair. I wish that I had bought more...not just Judy Blume, but all types.

I mildly went crazy tonight with buying books. They are such good prices, I could hardly resist. The good news is that there are more books coming in tomorrow that are at Shiloh's reading level. I can't wait to take a look at those. Of course the kids wanted all of the little toys around and I kept saying NO. It's at moments like those (when my kids are bugging me for stuff after I've said NO at least 10 times) when I feel the need to call my mother and apologize for not taking NO for an answer the first time she said it.

I am so excited to read these books with the kids. I am so excited to hear them read the books themselves. I have missed the feeling of reading an illustrated book for the first time, dreaming about it as I lie in bed imagining myself as a character in the book, and then reading it over & over again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love book fairs too. i actually almost started reading "charlotte's web" tonight...just because i love that book. :)

 
Designed by Lena