Friday, February 26, 2010

~ Formerly Embarrassing ~

Soooooooo...I went to the gym this morning and took the babies. Did I mention that Izzy got up at 6:30 a.m. again? Well he did and at 10:30 a.m. I felt like it was time to pick up the kids from school. ANYWAY, a couple of things happened this morning that would have embarrassed me a long time ago, but after having kids of my own to embarrass, I really didn't care.

As I arrive at the gym I realized that I had forgotten to shave my underarms.......and I'm wearing a tank top. Whatever. Problem solved. I just found a spot in the corner of the room where nobody could see my armpits.

As I'm setting up my step and weights, my water bottle falls out of my bag and explodes. 24 oz. of water all over my workout spot. So I go to the instructor and she tells me to go to the front desk, which is downstairs. I go get towels, clean it up, go back downstairs, and then back up. The positive to that was that I had a clean workout area.

The time comes for our chest workout. Our instructor for the day is pregnant. She has to have her bench inclined. Since I see it, I'm trying to incline mine as well. There are certain tracks that we have to incline our benches. Not this one. To make it better, it wouldn't hook to the riser and incline properly. Then right as the song is starting, someone asks if we need it inclined and she says no. Of course I mumble, "then why didn't you say something?".

On the drive home, I'm thinking back on the events that had transpired over the last hour and a half. I thought about how, just several years ago, all of those things would have mortified me and turned my face 10 shades of red. And while I would've liked to have not had these events occur, it was just life.

And I still forgot to shave my underarms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just love you. unshaved armpits and all. ;)

 
Designed by Lena