Friday, November 13, 2009

~ Define Irony ~

This post is solely for me to vent and get this out of my head.

The new "Sesame Street"s started this past week. EVERY episode has been about the environment, nature, how we need to preserve nature and recycle...yada, yada, yada. I have no problem with expressing that opinion every once in a while. But trying to shove it down my 18 month old's throat? Seriously?

On that note...everybody is pro-recycle, pro-environment, etc. The government even has programs to promote "saving the planet". The irony is that they get the money to pay for these promotional programs from taxes on companies that make things like plastic bags, plastic bottles, cigarettes, cars, and all of the other things that are polluting the environment. If it's all that bad, let's just return to "Little House on the Prairie" days. I'm so tired of hearing all of this stuff about the environment! Either take all the bad stuff away or don't. Just stop trying to make me feel condemned because I drive a huge SUV and I drink bottled water and I used disposable diapers and buy styrofoam plates because they're way cheaper when it is totally legal to buy all of those things. It's all poo-poo.

Anyway...that's my humble, venting opinion.


4 comments:

Robin said...

AMEN Val! I completely agree with you! In a local city, they have decided that the annual Christmas parade, will now be a "reverse" parade....basically, all the the floats, bands, performers will be stationary and the people will have to walk around a see them all....just to "reduce the parade's carbon footprint". Also, at least 50% of the decor on the floats must be "green"....and I don't mean the color.

GRRRRRRR!

{{{HUGS}}}}

Robin :o)

Jen said...

You could watch Dinosaur Train and learn all about evolution. Asher loves that show, and the whole time I'm like,"The earth is not 25 million years old, baby" and "Evolution is only a theory, cupcake". I think I'd rather him be brain washed to recycle, LOL!

Anonymous said...

well then isn't oscar eco-friendly because he doesn't send his trash to the landfill...he just lives in it..

Unknown said...

Amen Sister!!!! It's sooo easy to be eco-friendly when you're loaded and have a maid to do your dishes and wash your cloth napkins and stinky cloth diapers that cost a ton of money. Whatever.

 
Designed by Lena