I know that I'm pregnant and all, but it's dang hot!!! I'm sitting here, on the bed, typing this in a t-shirt and underwear. You know it's too hot when I say that I don't feel like going to the pool...you know, where I can cool off? That's been my day today. My kids are having a hard time understanding why I won't let them swim every single day when there's a pool in the backyard. Yes, it is hot outside. But another valid reason is because of the 5 loads of laundry that I have neglected to wash because I have been outside with my kids at the pool. Or the fact that we are still digging clean clothes out of our luggage from Hilton Head (which is also due to coming home and the next day having Father's Day with my Dad, a wedding shower, and then the next day being Father's Day, etc.).
On another note. I'm about to sound like a big loser, BUT...I am truly sad about Jon & Kate. More than that, the crap that their kids are having to go through. I'm not at all saying that I agree with everything that they have done. I mean you can't really complain about the paparazzi (sp) following you when you invite a camera crew into your home. That's not asking for privacy, even though they say that they want privacy. That's irony if I've every heard of it. It's just a true shame that something so difficult is being smeared all over the media. It's hard enough to go through as it is, much less with the media involved. Anyway, just my opinion.
We are really good friends with a family from our church, the Ford's. They have 3 kids that are 8, 7, and 6. Their 7 year old is Trevor, their only boy. He & our oldest are great friends. S has informed us that he wants to be part of their family. They are (as my kids put it) brown. I don't think they're African-American. I know Fabiola is from Haiti and I'm not sure about Tony. Anyway, while we were in Hilton Head S asked if he could get as dark as Trevor, since he's a part of their family. I told him to be content with the color skin that God gave him. I love how kids think.
Fabiola posted some pictures on FB from our kids being over there. After seeing those pictures I know why my kids never want to leave their house. They have a blast! S played Guitar Hero yesterday and came home singing "Beat It" (appropriate, huh?) and "Living on a Prayer". I think Guitar Hero might be a birthday present for somebody very soon :-).
Speaking of Michael Jackson, don't judge me that I'm not at all sad about him dying. I don't feel like a part of my childhood has died (like someone said on FB). Maybe it's because I've just lost someone really close to me and hearing the death of a celebrity doesn't really phase me. Although when Bernie Mac died, it did sting my heart a little.
Enough for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Get the kiddies to help with laundry!! make them sort the clothes by darks, lights, towels.. I remember having to do that when I really young! Crack the whip Val! hahaha!
Hope all is going well and you and "Bob" survive the heat!!
Bernie Mac died???
Asher has a good friend with Guitar Hero, and he ALWAYS wants to go to their house. He comes home humming "Eye of the Tiger."
Boys are funny.
7-11 year olds?
Asher is two!
Post a Comment