I've thought about heaven many times before. But now that someone that I was so close with is up there with Jesus, I've been thinking about it even more. It almost makes me feel closer to Jesus to know that Chuck is up there with Him. I guess it makes it a little more personal.
It has also changed the way that I think during worship. Today, we were singing a song that says:
Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty.
Who was and is and is to come.
With all creation I sing,
Praise to the King of Kings.
You are my everything,
And I will adore you.
What is amazing to me is that Chuck, and many others, are up in heaven singing even more beautiful songs face-to-face with our Lord. Also, that we were singing the same words (the first part of the chorus) as the four living creatures around the throne, that we read about in Revelation.
I'm sure that I am not explaining myself in words the way that I feel in my heart. It's a jumble of thoughts all in one. It's more personal to know that he's up there and it's so cool to think of the things that Chuck is enjoying right now. Our finite, human minds can't even begin to comprehend the comprehension of it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment