Sunday, March 1, 2009

On the mend...

It seems that we are all doing better. Derrick let me sleep today and he took care of the kids. It was very nice and well-needed. Somewhere in all of this I forgot that I was pregnant and that my body needed rest. We had Pollo Pepe for lunch and that really helped me gain some strength and energy back.

This has really taken its toll on our baby. He doesn't have his complete appetite back yet. Nonetheless he is our most adventurous child. He is constantly getting into cabinets and crawls at the speed of light. Tonight he had an explosive bowel movement and just sat there playing in it, all the while smiling at me. At first I didn't know what he was doing, and then I caught on. This of course led him to another bath. Through all of this he's had about 6 baths. He loves them and he splashes and tries to catch the bubbles and crawls around in the bathtub...yes, crawls. We really have to fight him to not drink the water or get any in his mouth.

Right now I am watching the original "Sabrina". I have never seen the original all the way through. Derrick is not thrilled, but it's on and I have to watch it. I love Audrey Hepburn. Someone told me that I looked like her on my wedding day and I will take that compliment to the grave.

In closing, thank you for all of your thoughts & prayers!!! I appreciate each one of them. So does Derrick, who gets on here and reads this periodically. It's so awesome to know that we have a broad prayer support.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I am so very glad to hear that you all are on the mend! It takes a while to get back to 100%, doesn't it?

AtlantaMama said...

WOW!! So glad that you are doing better. Full HEALING and complete health and life over your house in Jesus name. Amen.

 
Designed by Lena