Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dry Season...

Oh, dry season...how I love you and hate you all in one breath. I love it because the sky is blue, the sun is out and I can get a slight tan in about 30 minutes because the sun is so strong. That's about all the love I have for it.

Dry season is called DRY for a reason. There's no rain. That means there's no moisture to hold the dirt down, thus it flies into our house. And since there is no humidity here, the atmosphere sucks all of the moisture out of my body. My skin is dry, itchy, and ashy all of the time. My lips are in constant need of moisture (my fave http://www.rosebudsalve.com/; I swear by the original which I am out of right now. It's way better than Burt's Bees Wax could ever dream of being). I drink about 2 1/2 liters of water a day (I have a 52 oz. mug from QT, you know the one). Nothing helps. Lips dry, skin itchy, hair staticky, house dirtier. Oh yeah, and you all know it's hotter. Did you ever think that you would mind taking a cool shower? I can do it this time of year and it feels SO GOOD. I also think it is also hot season in Thailand and Tanzania, because I friends that live there. I'm sure it's way hotter there than here, so in some ways I should be thankful. And then there's my friend, Kimmy, that lives in Colorado and is still skiing. God and His weather patterns are amazing.

Another thing... Yesterday, Derrick, the fam, & I were driving to Andy & Karyn's house. I was looking at all of the lovely trees. Right now they are in bloom and they have flowers that are hot pink, deep orange, red, lavender, yellow, etc. They are so beautiful! But if you tried to plant these trees in Georgia, they would die. I told Derrick that it is amazing to me that God made certain plants to survive in certain climates. There are trees, flowers, and plants all over the world that I will probably never lay an eye on. Fascinating.

I'm off to drink some water.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena