The baby has had congestion for a couple of weeks. Well, we all have. There have been times that I have coughed so hard that I threw up.
When the baby woke up this morning I noticed orange stuff all over his sleeper. I realized that he had thrown up in his sleep, but I wasn't too concerned because our daughter used to do it a lot and she was never sick. So I gave him his morning bottle and about 10 minutes later he threw up. OK...getting concerned. I put him down for a nap, with no food on his belly, and he threw up in his sleep and had a very messy diaper. Seriously concerned.
I put him in the bath and Derrick calls the doctor. I hear the conversation and I thought I must have heard it wrong, but I didn't. We had a doctor's appt. at 8:00 p.m. Huh? I'm used to doctor's offices closing at 5:30 p.m.-ish. But it totally makes sense. It's good for those working parents so that they don't have to take off from work to take their kids to the doctor. I'm sure there are offices like that in the States, but we didn't go to one like that.
The baby does not have a virus. He doesn't have an ear infection, but one of them is irritated (trying to translate what he said wouldn't make complete sense, but he said he had boogers in his ear). He is throwing up because he is coughing so hard. So the baby is on 2 hard core medications, Tylenol until his fever is gone, and a cream for his cheeks that are really dry and red.
Bonus as to why we love our pediatrician so much. The other 2 kids were with us, of course. He heard them lightly coughing and prescribed something for them without even charging us for an appointment for the 2 of them. They didn't get to play the Wii this time, but they were in awe of the lava lamp. I think I should invent a lava lamp channel for my kids. They stared at that thing forever. But I'm sure if they had their own it would lose its coolness very quickly and then I'd be stuck with a (sorry if you like them) tacky lava lamp in my house.
Well I just had to step away from the computer for about 15 minutes because we heard the baby coughing and low & behold he threw up...AGAIN! Keep praying, saints. Our electric bill is going to be insane because I've been washing clothes & bed sheets & bed sheets & clothes & towels all day long. I've been trying to line-dry as much as I can to save the dryer. And it's really sunny & hot here so clothes dry in half the time of a dryer.
OK...going to take care of my son. Love to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
:( Poor Baby Izzy
praying for you all. lora
Post a Comment