Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The body is seasonal...

I'm going to rant for just a second and then I will calm it down a little and I will begin to make sense. STOP DADGUM COMPLAINING ABOUT IT BEING COLD WHERE EVER YOU ARE IN THE STATES!!!

I have been living the last year of my life in temperatures that have maybe gone down to 75 degrees during the day. We did not have a cold "winter" like we did the year before. I didn't realize that my body was seasonal until I was out of seasons. Even though the weather is not getting cooler here, the sun is setting a little bit earlier. My body is saying, "Hey. It's supposed to be colder. What the heck?" And I'm saying, "Just a few more weeks and you'll feel some chill on your skin."

I get on Facebook and Mychurch and all of these people are complaining about it being cold. Oh how I wish! I long to feel some crispy cool weather on my face and to see yellow, orange and red leaves. I long to wear gloves, a hat, and my beautiful scarf that Kara made for me that I've never had the chance to wear because it's not cold here (yes, I know it's a run-on...just trying to get my point across). I also long to see snow. I haven't seen snow in I don't know how long...maybe 7 years? I've seen an ice storm, but not snow. Just to let all of you 5 readers know, I have worn flip-flops probably 90% of the year, even to church. I wear tennis shoes to work out and that's about it. How about some socks, people? I need to wear sock, too.

I think I'm done. It's all off of my chest. GIVE ME SNOW!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I understand what you mean ... I am enjoying the cooler weather and can't wait for you all to get here to enjoy it too! I also hope you get to see snow before you have to go back to MX in January. Love, Mom

Debbie said...

I am enjoying the cooler weather and our "week of soups". I was tired of sweating all the time.

Magnolia Designs said...

Oh my friend...be warned you're talking to the wrong girl here! I could say the very same thing, in reverse! I long for a summer that last for more than 2 weeks...to be able to really get some use out of my summer atire...to not wear a parka 8 months of the year...the list goes on. You know you've lived in Canada for too long when 32 degrees Farenheit is "really warm". I could go on and on about it...give me the mild climate of Georgia any day...

Valarie Lea said...

Its going to be ok, I promise. You will come home realize the cold is not all its cracked up to be and you will be wanting your warmer temperatures. :) Feel better?

 
Designed by Lena