Wednesday, October 1, 2008

7 Years Ago Today...

I was lying in a bed in Cobb Hospital, getting drips of pitocin, magnesium, & whatever else is in IV fluid, eating popsicles & ice chips, and patiently waiting to see my first born. I don't have any pictures of me in the hospital except for in my scrapbook. All the other pictures that I have are after the birth. You will have to wait until tomorrow for those, seeing as our son was born on October 2nd. For now I am remembering being doped up with mag, getting Derrick to find me grape popsicles because I refused to eat banana, and my faithful family (all the parents, in-laws, & my sis) & friends that stayed up there until the end (namely Sarah & Brenda Pettitt). I'm also remembering that I was TOLD that I had a waiting room full of friends, mostly Spirit Life people. But since I was so dopey I was advised not to have too many visitors in the room at one time. So I never really saw those people until I later watched the video footage. It was also my PawPaw's birthday and we were really hoping that our son would be born then so that he could share a special day with his Great-Grandpa. Our son, or the medicine I should say, had other plans.

Anyway...7 years...SEVEN YEARS! I can't believe it.

4 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

They grow up so so quickly! Sometimes I wished it would all slow down a bit. :)

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow Shiloh!
I hope your special day is fun for you.
Blessings on you for the next year.

Lindy Simpson Jones said...

wow valerie!!! that is amazing!!! don't you feel better tonight than you did 7 years ago!!! haha

AtlantaMama said...

it goes by SO fast... everyone says that, but it's so true!

(I like your new layout and fall back ground.)

 
Designed by Lena