Friday, September 12, 2008

Another one bites the dust...





They're dropping like flies, folks.





On another note, we received some very exciting news today. We thought that Keith & Sarah's trip might be no more because they were to have a layover in Houston, TX tomorrow. Thank you Jesus because they got their flight changed and they are flying through Atlanta and we will see them tomorrow night!



Sunday is my 32nd birthday. I'm neither here nor there on being in my thirties. It is what it is. But on my birthday it is ladies Sunday at the church plant. I have the pleasure of taking up the offering in Spanish. It's not just taking up the offering it's also sharing a little Bible story to go along with it. I plan on writing it out word for word to make sure that I don't fumble too much :-). It's one thing to do everyday, conversational Spanish. But to speak Spanish and talk about things that I don't talk about everyday, like "ofrendas & diezmos" (offerings & tithes), I want to make sure that I am prepared.



If you think about it say a prayer for me, and more for my baby. He has stopped sleeping through the night. He wakes up every 3 hours or so, if not every hour & a half. He's not hungry or needing a diaper change, he's just need some love & cuddles. Since he wakes up at least 4 times during a normal sleep period I'm not letting him cry all of them out yet. I usually nurse him his first time waking up (around 12:30 a.m.) and his last (around 8 a.m.). The others I'm trying to let him cry out and go in periodically & comfort him. It's hard for me because I am living on minimal sleep and severe headaches. It's hard on Derrick, too, because he hears him crying, too. I know that I will keep going, but I can't hardly live like this with so little sleep.

2 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Your going to have to cut the corn off the cobb for that boy!

So you think Isreal's sleep pattern is messed up because of the traveling?

Garrett said...

Livie has gone through the SAME thing with sleep. Growth spurts? teething? I never know, but she has worked through it. It is so hard, I know. I will pray for him and YOU. Happy Birthday! I know you'll do great at church. Just let the HOly Spirit do His work through you girl!

 
Designed by Lena