One of the biggest changes is in my mentality of America and the "American dream". I used to always want a decent-sized, 3 bedroom house with a playroom and a huge back yard. Even though I knew that God had called us to Mexico, I still wanted it maybe someday. Derrick, our little girl and I were driving to Kroger after getting her ears pierced. We were driving along a road that we have driven many times and I have loved the houses on this road for many years. This time, as we drove along, I didn't desire these houses. I didn't pass by them and imagine what they look like on the inside and what our family would look and live like in those houses. I no longer have that craving to live in the States under the title of "living the American dream". My "American dream" is to be where ever God wants me. Now if that is back here in the States, then that is where I want to be. For now it is in Mexico and I am happy to serve Jesus there. I have so many friends, many of them are bloggers on here, that are serving Jesus right where He wants them, here in the US. Ministry is not about where you live it's about doing what you feel that God wants you to do and obeying Him. So instead of calling it my "American dream", I will call it my destiny. I want to live out the destiny that God has for me. He knows me way better than I know myself so I think that He knows way better where is the best place for me to live.
Enough rambling...I'm sick from living in no central A/C & no humidity to now living in A/C and humidity. It's like when the weather changes and you get sick. My climate & altitude has changed and I am sick. I don't like taking medicine, especially since I'm nursing. But I'm going to try something to help me sleep. OH, and the following are pics of our daughter's ear piercing adventure. She had one ear done at a time and she didn't even flinch, thank you Jesus!!
Here she is getting ready. She's holding the Claire's bear and stroking the tag between her fingers. That what she does w/ her animals at home to calm herself.
The second ear. Didn't flinch and didn't even whine. Maybe she has a high tolerance for pain thanks to her older brother.
Tah-dah!!! That was the extent of her unhappiness. But let me just tell you, she walked with increased confidence and a hip-shaking strut when we left the store.
4 comments:
Big day for you!!!
Thank you for your encouragement, I need it! Sometimes I just do not know if I'm doing my best. You are so sweet. Love,Garrett
So pretty! :)
She looks just beautiful!!
yay abs! :) she looks so grown up!
Post a Comment