If you know me then you know that I am NOT a high-maintenance babe. My hair is almost always all long with layers, ready to be pulled back into a pony tail at any given time. That has also made it easy for me to just get my hair cut every time that we visit the States. This past February, my friend, Darcy, was here to visit. She's a hair dresser and she trimmed my hair. So I have had a hair cut here. Lately I've been at my wits end with my hair. All of my layers had grown out and my hair was one insane mass of thickness in the back. I got the phone number of Kelley's hair dresser. I called to make an appointment and no one answered. I was fed up. That was it! I was going to the mall.
I walked right in. Since I've never had to get my hair cut at a salon here before, I didn't know all of the vocabulary for it. So on top of losing 5 lbs. of hair, it was a learning experience. The girl that cut my hair was an apprentice, which also made the cut less expensive. I was a little concerned at first because "stylish" mullets are very popular here ( I don't think that they are stylish and I don't like them, but all of the Mexican girls like them). I was so praying that when I said "layers" that she didn't think "mullet". Well, I don't have a mullet, THANK GOD!! She did a good job on my hair. I think that I will no longer have neck pain since my hair is so much lighter. And I'm not going to post a picture because it's not a drastic enough of a change to make that big of deal over. If I post recent pics of the family and you notice it, that's great. This story was really more of a "I HAD A NEW EXPERIENCE IN MEXICO" story.
Funny stories from my daughter:
Let me preface this with the fact that our daughter is insanely serious. She does not get jokes, take jokes well, or make jokes. She's just no nonsense. This past Wednesday, we were sitting in the food court waiting for our pizza order. She looked at her older brother and said, "Ha ha ha ha ha...that's not funny." And she did it where she was laughing during the "ha ha ha" part and then totally straight-faced. We all busted out laughing. She maintained her composure and said, "That's from 'Zack & Cody'!" It was like she was doing it to show her acting ability and not to really tell her brother that he wasn't funny. She was getting frustrated with us that we were laughing at her because she was totally serious in her ability to recreate a line from "Zack & Cody."
Another one: Last night we had a cheesecake sitting out to thaw. Our daughter really wanted some and was having a hard time being patient. We were upstairs in our room and she was downstairs. She yelled upstairs, "I really hungry! My tummy is growling! Can you hear it?" We died laughing. We know that she really thought that we could hear her stomach growling all the way upstairs.
Time to go fix lunch for the kids! I have an almost 7 year old boy...his stomach is a bottomless pit and he eats ALL OF THE TIME, no joke! He's reminded me 3 times already that it's lunch time. :-)
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
girl, you are brave!!!! your hair must grow fast! haha I would have been terrified of the mullet and it would take a year for mine to grow out!!!! are you doing missions with the local women there??? Our church sermon was awesome today!!! it would encourage you so much... you are serving and living out loud with a Big God! :)
www.northmetro.org
love reading about you and the fam!
lindy
Post a Comment