Derrick made plans to go to a cell church tonight. Andy is in the mountains and Scott & Melody were on their way back from the border, so Derrick agreed to go. Well this morning we get a call that the guitar player (barely pictured in the pics below) was killed by a tractor trailer early this morning. He is also the Pastor's son. They were holding a memorial service for him. We thought that it was at 2 p.m., but it turns out it was later. See as this church is about 45 minutes away from our house Derrick couldn't come home. So Derrick hung out for a while and then went on to the cell church and decided to go to the memorial service afterwards.
During the cell church Derrick gets a phone call from Scott & Melody. They were about and hour or so outside of the city and they had a flat tire on their trailer with no spare. Derrick & Ken (a Mexican Pastor) came to our house to get the spare from our trailer. Remember, Derrick is 45 minutes from our house and then had to drive about an hour & a half outside of the city the other direction. Talk about a late night. They drove out to find Scott & Melody to help them change their tire. The tire is changed and they are safely home, thank you Jesus!
On top of it all, I was cooking a delicious steak dinner with some homemade macaroni & cheese. The mac & cheese was a last-minute deal because I had noodles left over from spaghetti last night. For not having a recipe and shooting from the hip it was dang delicious! Ken tried it and loved it.
A side note about the death of the young man. Our oldest had made plans to go with Daddy to the cell church. But because of the memorial service we thought it would be best for him to stay home. When I told our son why Daddy had to leave he said, "Oh to go pray for him?" And I said, "Pray for what?" And he said, "For him to come back to life!" Our son has prayed for sick people before and seen them healed. But we've never talked about praying for the dead. We've heard testimonies of other missionaries & ministries seeing people raised from the dead. We've never, ourselves, prayed for a dead person to come back to life. So I was so amazed that that was his initial thought...that Daddy was going to pray for this guy to come back to life. Then he asked how he died. I told him that he was killed in a car accident (this was before I knew that he was hit by a tractor trailer). He came back with, "See! This is why we need to walk every where so that we don't die in a car accident!" You gotta love the mind of a kid. Like Bill Cosby says, kids say the darndest things.

This is the church. Melody turned around just in time for the picture :-). As you can see, the church has no roof. Deal with that during rainy season, folks. It ain't easy.

Another shot of the Pastor and his son is off to the right playing the guitar.
On top of everything else, I got all of my kids clothes organized into girl & boy containers AND separated by size. I refuse to get rid of our kids' clothes until Derrick has a vasectomy. I've heard too many stories of people getting rid of all of their stuff and then showing up pregnant again. Just trying to be a good steward of what God has blessed us with. And since we don't have a Babies-R-Us down here, I'd be struggling because that is my absolute favorite baby store.
3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about the pastor's son. I do love Shiloh's faith, though... the faith of a child. So simple. Just pray for him.
p.s. I won't get rid of Evie's stuff for the same reason... just in case. :)
Did he come back to life?
I found your blog from Rebekah's... we know each other from church.
Also, do yall need more kids clothes or are you Ok w/ their sizes right now?
Sorry to hear about the death of your friend. Our family will be praying for you guys and the family.
Post a Comment