Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happenings...

This past week our son became a Mexican! In order to get his U.S. Passport we had to get his Mexican birth certificate first. It was an ordeal because they don't understand (and their computers can't either) why women in the U.S. take on their husband's last name. Here, the women keep their last name and their husband's name. Therefore most Mexican babies have two last names. In order to make it work in the Mexican computer system, our baby's Mexican name is contains my maiden name as his last name. It won't affect anything on his U.S. passport or anything like that, but according to the Mexicans, that's his name. We did this entire ordeal with Jer & Kelley. They were our witnesses and we were their witnesses. It's so great to have them here. They are great friends and they have helped us through so much. They are also helping us as we go to the U.S. Consulate to apply for his U.S. passport.


My Dad came in this past Tuesday. We had a nice visit with him. He enjoyed hanging with his old grandkids and his new one. We went to the Zoo on Thursday. It was fun and the rain held off. It sprinkled right as we were leaving. Here are a few pictures from the Zoo and another one of my Dad & Israel.
















As I have been sitting here writing this, our baby was taking his first bottle! I pumped as soon as we got home and Derrick gave him the bottle. We are trying to work it in so that I don't have to try to nurse at church and so that someday Derrick & I can go on a date. That probably won't happen until family comes to visit again or we go to the States. But whatever.

My dear blog friend, Valarie Lea, has shared her 5 a.m. bootcamp stories. I'm not a 5 a.m.-er (except to feed a baby), but I have started a bootcamp of my own. I asked my husband to be my personal trainer, but he respectfully declined for fear of me getting mad at him when he pushes me too hard. So I'm forced to push myself, along with Billy Blanks, Mari Windsor & all of the other wonderful people on the workout DVDs that I have. Thankfully, my kids like working out with me. My son will ask me, or remind me, to work out...he prefers Tae-Bo because it has guys in it and not other things like Pilates or the Firm. I am going to buy the kids 1 lb. weights so that they can workout with me and not drop my 5 lb. weights on the floor and crack the tile...AGAIN!

We have a wondeful chicken place here, Pollo PePe. It's very similar to Pollo Loco, if you have those in your neck of the woods. Derrick found one that delivers to our house. That's what we had for our Sunday/after church/I don't feel like cookin'-lunch! It was delicious. A bonus is that there's enough left over for dinner...WHOO HOO. I love it when things are made easier for me.

It's a week overdue, but here's a shout out to my favorite NASCAR driver, Ralph Dale Earnhardt Jr., for winning last week! We are watching a re-run of the race right now, while waiting for today's race to come on.

I think that's a pretty good update. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like how you gave jr. a shout out using his full name...that is intense!! ;)

lauren said...

sounds like y'all are doing great!! i'm with you on the exercising...i so need to get in a routine :( it's just no fun!!

Valarie Lea said...

My goodness, that Isreal is the cutest thing ever!!

Way to go on startng the boot camp thing. My second one just ended, so I will be starting a third one in about a week. She said she is going to push us more. Yeah!! I am so excited. (You better believe I said that sarcastically)

 
Designed by Lena