We love having dinner at the dinner table...all 4 of us love it! There's no TV & no video games. It's just us at the table, talking and having family time. A lot of times we'll watch a family movie after dinner, too. And that was a "tradition" started by the kids, not us.
Anyway, last night we were setting the table for dinner. We were casually talking to the kids about how much we love spending time with them. My little girl pipes up and says, "Jesus gave us to you. And Jesus also gave you to us." It was so sweet and right from the depth of her heart! It was precious.
Then my son blessed my heart this morning. I was putting a movie in for them to watch. He said, "Mommy, last night I talked to Jesus about when Israel comes, that you won't have any pain." Right from the heart of a son who loves his Mommy & doesn't want to see her in pain. You may ask, "how does he know that there is pain in childbirth?" I have to admit that my kids have sat in with me many times while I have watched "Maternity Ward". I flip it to the menu screen if it gets too graphic, but they can still hear the sound. He knows that there is pain and he doesn't want his Mommy to have any. I am in total agreement with his prayer :-)!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kids can say some of the sweetest things. Logan came in the other day and he was tired and didn't feel good. I said "baby whats wrong", and he said "I'm tired of everything, except Him" and thats when he pointed up toward Heaven. It was so sweet how he did it.
Post a Comment