Monday, March 31, 2008

Throwing my C personality out of whack...

Yesterday, we went to El Encuentro (the church plant). It was going to be a short service, because we were all going over to the new building (YAY, it has bathrooms) and have a time of fellowship. Also, we had plans for the guys to take the tent down today...which was fine with me, because I was going to go to Melody's & hang out & bring Chila the dog so that she could play with Lily & Cisco. Well, somehow the guys decided that they wanted to take the tent down yesterday, because there were more volunteers. Once again, I'm not prepared. I ended up spending the day stranded at Melody's (I use the word "stranded" very loosely, because I love hanging out with her). Also, we didn't come prepared with clothes or anything for Derrick or the kids. Derrick had to borrow some of Andy's clothes & shoes. Which if you know my husband's body type, the clothes were a little big and the shoes were a little small. Our daughter had a spare change of clothes in the car, but that did not matter because her & Bryar decided to bathe each other in dirt, while playing outside. Our daughter ended up with an extra change of clothes from Judah...she looks so cute in boys clothes :-). And once again, Chila the dog had only had her morning feeding. We arrived home at about 11:30 p.m. Chila is starving, Derrick is nasty, dirty & hungry, and I'm pooped! But Chila survived and drank about 3 bowls of water & scarfed down her food when we got home, Derrick showered & ate some corn dogs, and I slept.

Lesson learned...always have a change of clothes & shoes for your kids in the car; and if we know that we are heading out towards the Lee's, just go ahead and give Chila a double portion of food & water, just to be safe!

1 comment:

Valarie Lea said...

Yep that sounds like a plan. After I got stuck in Birmingham for a supposed one day softball tournament, I always try to bring a change of clothes in case we have to stay longer than planned. :)

 
Designed by Lena