Monday, March 3, 2008

Pain! Unrelievable pain...

I have, what I have diagnosed as, a sinus infection tooth ache. I am in pain. Since I am pregnant, and especially since I'm in my last trimester, I cannot, whatsoever take Ibuprofen (which is my pain reliever of choice). I'm reduced to taking Tylenol. What I am wondering is why Tylenol is even sold with the title of "pain reliever". It is like taking candy or something. It does take a slight, very minor edge off of the pain, long enough for me to sleep for a couple of hours. But the pain does not completely go away and I have been living for a few days with constant pain.

The pain is no longer in my teeth, but more in my sinus cavity. Whoopy. I need a healing! Derrick looked online at some "home remedies" (more like home vomitings). The first one was to either chew, or put in water, garlic, salt & onion. Since we have all of those in powders, Derrick made me a mixture in warm water. It took all my strength to not vomit. It also took about 2 hours to get the garlic taste out of my mouth. BTW, I hate strong garlic flavor. The second one wasn't disgusting, just ridiculous sounding. It was to rub a piece of ice on a part of my hand for 5-7 minutes. As I'm rubbing the ice on my hand, I'm laughing to myself and with Jesus. Ice? Seriously? On my hand?

So here I am, at 2:45 a.m., writing this with a swollen cheek and insane amounts of pain. It's not NEARLY as bad as when I had vertigo, but I'm kind of in the same mindset. That is to say that I have no relief. And it's all because of this sweet, precious baby growing in my belly. God must have a major call on his life for me to have been tested me in so many areas during this pregnancy. I've had 3 sicknesses, during this pregnancy, where I have had to endure a little bit more pain (or in the case of vertigo, A LOT of pain & awfulness), just to protect the health of this little one growing in my belly.

I'm off to finish watching late-night History channel.

1 comment:

This Journey of Mine said...

Yuck! I'm so sorry that you are so sick. We pray that in Jesus name you will be fully healed and pain free. Hang in there!

 
Designed by Lena