Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's time to get some rest...

The crusade is over. We are all still trying to get some rest, but Derrick has the Bible school today and then we have the church plant tomorrow. Our friend, Mike, spent the night with us last night so that he could go to the school with Derrick today. Also, our beloved Darcy is coming to stay with us for the rest of her time here, so I will want to visit with her as much as possible.

Not much has really transpired in the past couple of days. We've had stuff going on, just nothing really worth telling. We are just trying to take in all of our time that we have with Dr. Peters & Ms. Tobi. We love having them here!

Today is my Paw Paw's funeral. I looked into going home, but it was not going to work out at all. I know that today will be a tough day for my Mom, Uncle Tony, Uncle Richard, Aunt Trudy & Aunt Betty. They have been blessed for so many years to have had both parents still living. So I know that this is a shock for them. Death is as common as life. As soon as you were created in the womb, you were set to die at some point in time. But for death to be as common as life, it is one of the most confusing things that affects people. It's weird to say that we all have to die at some point, but when someone close to us dies it can really destroy our worlds. I guess for me, I know where most of my family & friends will spend eternity. So even though I will miss them here on earth, I know that they are in way better Hands than they could've ever been in here. Those are just some thoughts that I have on death.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I found you through Becky's blog and my heart breaks for you and your family. My "Pop" died 5 years ago and he was loved so dearly.

I'll be praying for you to experience peace that surpasses understanding and the joy of the Lord to be with you during this difficult time.

 
Designed by Lena