Monday, February 25, 2008

First Sunday of the Church Plant...

Yesterday was the first church service of the church plant, that came from the crusade. There were 51 Mexicans and the rest were the Americans. Karyn led worship and Scott gave the Word. Brittanie Pricer translated for him and that was the first time that I had ever heard her translate. Andy took over towards the end because Scott was wearing her out with some big words. It all turned out pretty well. The team prayed for them. And afterwards, Dr. Peters prayed a blessing over them as a new congregation. We are really excited to see where God takes this! Here are some pictures.

This is a picture of Raul and his wife. Raul is giving his testimony. His life was radically changed from the crusade. He was a drug addict. But after accepting Jesus into his heart, he stopped taking drugs and has not had any withdrawls! He has been a wonderful servant, also. He testified that he and his wife were only married according to the law and that they were going to get married in the church! God is awesome!!!




Scott preaching with Brittanie translating.
We have also had our dear friend, Darcy, staying with us for the past couple of days. The kids are in love with her. This morning they all had a breakfast date. Here is a picture of them eating Choco Krispies together. Our son is doing the "I'm going to irritate my Mom and not smile because I think it's funny" thing, so he's not smiling. We have enjoyed talking to Darcy and pulling from all of her years on the mission field.
Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

This Journey of Mine said...

Hey Val!

I just heard about Raul and his wife. Kathy emailed me! How exciting is that?!!! God is amazing. Today is the first day that I feel normal again. Nothing like coming home from a great trip and being thrown into motherhood, house parent, daughter and wife all at once. I shouldn't complain, everyone is super helpful and giving!

Hoping you and your family is doing well and catching up on rest. Need to get your address sometime soon, want to send you somethings!

Take care.

j said...

I'm so excited to hear what the Lord is doing in your kneck of the woods. The breakfast picnic looked like fun! Be blessed in Mexico....Jen

 
Designed by Lena