We just realized today that we've had a couple of things stolen since we've been back. Actually, since Christmas. Someone stole our son's new, big-boy bike that he got from his PaPa & Granna for his 6th birthday. Our weed eater was also stolen. It is frustrating. But I'd rather someone steal our stuff that is outside than to come into our home and possible hurt our family. We have also put Chila on the roof. We've heard that Labs are a hot item here, and many of them are stolen. So when we are gone, or it is night time, we have her in her kennel on the roof. Our roof has a wall around it, so don't worry. There's no way she could jump or fall off. Many Mexicans keep their dogs on the roof.
On a fun note, I have been back in contact with a girl that I met while Derrick was in Bible School. Brooke, and her family, are missionaries in Colombia. Her husband is Colombian, so that is a huge plus. Brooke & I talked for a long time last night. After talking to her, we are excited to see what God is going to do through our families in Latin America. We are wanting to go visit them and they are wanting to visit us. As a matter of fact, her husband was on the first mission's trip to Sion (Spanish for "Zion"), when they had revival. Hopefully we can hook them back up with Sion and some other churches here. Also, after talking to her, I am so thankful for NAFTA. They do not have free trade in Colombia, so they do not get many American products. I am really grateful for the things that we do have here. I will enjoy them as long as the Lord keeps us here.
Today, we had our friends Jer & Kelley over for an early dinner or a late lunch...we ate at like 4:30 p.m. They have 2 girls, Emma & Anna. Kelley is also pregnant again and we are due a week apart. I pray grace on her husband, because they are having another girl! 3 girls...that's amazing. They are great parents and great servants of the Lord. We are so blessed to have them as friends. They have been here, in Guadalajara, about 9 years, so they also are a great asset if we are in need of information.
The night is winding down, and I am tired! We worked very hard to clean our house today. Hopefully it will stay this way until our Superbowl party. It's probably wishful thinking :-)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment