Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm Writing! Shocking!

In 3 weeks, my baby will be 2 years old.  It has been the most tiring 2 years of my life.  Four children is enough to make anybody exhausted.  My younger 2 kids, being only 1 year and 3 months apart, have provided challenges to my schedule that I never expected.  The most important thing that I've learned through all of these stages is this:  IT'S ALL TEMPORARY.  My kids won't die if they don't have a home-cooked meal at every meal.  I will look pretty again one day.  These days of wearing my hair in a ponytail and no make up on my face will not last forever.  It's ok if I wear pajamas all day (as long as no one is coming over).  I will learn to talk about things other than my kids' fascination with bodily functions.  

I have also learned who my true friends are.  They are the ones that have sat at my house to visit  because it's easier than going out with my kids or I don't have a sitter.  They sit with me  (pajamas and all) while my kids run around like crazy and we try to have a conversation over my kids' yelling & silliness.  They are the ones that I have poured my heart out to about being a mom in ministry. SIDE NOTE: 2 of the hardest jobs in the world are being a mom and being in the ministry; constantly serving others all while being criticized, praised, argued with, honored, loved and hated.  They are the ones that have listened as I poured out every frustration and they have given wisdom and encouragement.  They have taught me how to be a better friend by being such a good friend to me.

I want to be a person that is constantly learning.  I am thankful for seeing the light at the end of THIS tunnel.  We'll see what challenges the next tunnel brings and how long it will take before I see the light.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I'm just here to testify to the 2 hardest jobs EVER. Amen.

 
Designed by Lena