I have been a part of our church for 12 1/2 years. One of the families that I began to hang out with early on was the Godfrey's. I spent almost every Friday night with them for the few months before I got married. At the time they had 2 kids, but now have 3. Their oldest is my Gabby.
She was my flower girl. She was my little friend. She used to give me a makeover and it was scary.
![]() |
| June 1999 |
![]() |
| Sometime in 2002 |
Now she is all grown up. She's of driving age, at least. She is our weekly babysitter. She loves our entire family and our entire family loves her. Our toddlers don't like to be left with just anyone aside from grandparents. They go to Gabby from me. They ask for her. They love her.
![]() |
| May 2009 |
![]() |
| July 2010 |
| January 2011 |
It is truly an amazing thing to watch someone grow from a little girl into a godly, young woman. She is passionate for Jesus and seeks to do the right thing. She respects her parents to the degree that she doesn't bad-mouth them behind their backs. It has been a privilege to have her (and her family) in our lives and really as a part of our family. Words cannot truly express the depth of love that we have for her.
And, yes. She's taller than me.




2 comments:
I can't even imagine one of my girls being taller than me but I suspect it could happen! great post! you should like it up for wed walk!
<3 <3 <3
Post a Comment