I know that I don't have to, but I will preface this post with how much I love my children and what a blessing it is to be able to stay home and take care of things. I have great kids and I wouldn't trade my life for anything...not even a rockin' body ;-). And that really this is a post to look back on and see how far I've come...in a few years.
Lately, it has been wearing on me; wearing on me in a different way than when our baby was not sleeping well and didn't take a bottle. As most of you know, our youngest 2 are 15 months apart. Clothing wise, they are only 6 months apart...18 mos and 2T. Even though they are big on the baby, they are the same size diaper. Anyway, both of them communicate pretty clearly, our 2 yr old especially. All day long it is whining, fussing, begging, "MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY!", and so on. I'm working on teaching our 2 yr old not to beg & whine, instead to ask kindly. This is taking it's toll on me. I know that he'll get it eventually. All day long it's loud and my pants are getting pulled down with them grabbing onto my pants' leg. Or I'm walking around with a child holding onto my leg.
My 2 yr old has also decided that he's too cool for sleep, therefore Mommy must be really cool. On top of the fact that I'm trying to break our daughter of sleeping in a pull-up and I have to get her up at about midnight and take her to the bathroom.
The other part that becomes crazy is after the 2 older kids get home from school. At that point it's snack time, piano practice &/or lesson, homework and dinner. Our oldest needs supervision with his homework because he struggles with reading-comprehension. Our little girl doesn't have a lot of homework, but we usually have to make sure that she reads her book correctly. At the same time, the 2 younger ones have gotten up from their nap. All 4 of them are demanding me all while I'm trying to figure out what we're going to eat for dinner. That's why dinner has been lame, lately. There are times that I just want to stand in the middle of the kitchen and scream while pulling my hair out and then throw glasses up against the wall (is that transparent enough for you?).
Last night I had a nice moment. It was a very chaotic night at first; lots of tears. Then my husband went to school for a parent/teacher fellowship, seeing as he is both ;-). The kids, surprisingly, had hardly any homework. We ate pizza and watched "The Santa Clause". It was a good moment. Then before bed, we had worship time. Our 2 older kids prayed for people that were on their hearts. It's moments like that, and their sweet faces, that remind me of why I don't really lose my sanity.
![]() |
| As I tweeted last night, here are my kids before dinner. And yes, the slide is in the kitchen and I just move around it. It's a battle that I don't feel I need to fight. |

No comments:
Post a Comment