Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Sound Booth Strikes Again

I was in the sound booth again today.  I love being up there.  Only this time, I was there because my husband had to leave to go to Talladega.  There were a few issues.  One, I forgot to change the slide a couple of times because I was worshiping.  After my husband left, it was time for the sermon.  I had put a background up...a background is NOT the same as a slide.  I know that........NOW!  So the sermon notes were pulling up on a crazy background.  I'm texting my husband, frantically trying to figure it out.  All the while the Pastor had to ask me to put a slide up on the screen.  I was so distracted by solving the problem that I was not listening.  Alas, the problem was solved and I am one step closer to running this show on my own. 

Oh wait.  Maybe not.

The worship team was playing music as the people were leaving the sanctuary.  Since my husband wasn't there, I had to get my kids AND shut down the computers.  Little did I know that when I closed our computer, I turned off the stage lights.  They played anyway and didn't miss a beat.  I bet my husband will think twice before leaving the sound booth in my hands again! ;-)

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena