Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dream a little dream

I had a dream about my father-in-law last night.  Many of the details of my dream were due to the fact that our son did a book report on "Alice in Wonderland".  I went over the book with him many times last night, so the fact that we had to go down an elevator shaft to an underground area was really no surprise.

The gist of the dream was that, before my father-in-law died, he had prepared a special place for us.  It was a place that we would eventually go and meet him there.  It was a better and safer place.  To get there, we had to go down an elevator shaft.

When we got down the shaft, I saw Chuck.  I immediately began crying and hugging him; telling him how much I missed him and loved him.  He didn't say anything.  He hugged me back.  Then he smiled and pointed me in the direction that I needed to go. 

All of the rest of the details are really not important.  The underlying theme was that we were going to a place that our Father has prepared for us.  I mean, yes, Chuck was my husband's father and he is where we long to be and we want to see him.  But ultimately, we are anticipating the day that we go to our heavenly Father and live forever in the place that He has prepared for us.

I miss Chuck all of the time.  After I dream about him, it makes me miss him even more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love.

Debbie said...

You are such a sweet, loving person.

jonsaint said...

Dreaming makes you miss. Missing makes you dream. Works both ways.

 
Designed by Lena