I like this quote by Ed Young because it is where we are in our church. We just made a BIG change and we stepped out and started a new church. Now we're enduring some of the conflict that comes along with making a big change and trying something new and unconventional. The easy thing to do would be to throw in the towel and say, "this is too hard and I can't wait forever". The last line is the encouragement...."don't bail out right before the breakthrough". If you want to see change, you much endure hardships and conflict.
If I'd listened to customers, I'd have given them a faster horse - Henry Ford
I love this quote. So many times, in ministry, people think that they know the right answer. And they want you to know that they know it. I'm not saying that others don't have great ideas, because they do. But if you incorporate everybody's ideas, it would be chaos. We live in a microwave society...we want what we want and we want it now. Experience tells me that God is either moving way slower than I am or way faster. It's up to me to speed up or slow down. Listening to the Holy Spirit is the most important thing. Moving and doing because He said so, not because we are antsy.
"If you have ever said, 'I didn't get anything out of worship today', you worshiped for the wrong reason. Worship isn't for you. It's for God." ~ Rick Warren
No explanation necessary. It's just a great revelation.
Marriages that work take work. The grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence. It's greener wherever you water it! ... and if the grass looks perfectly green from afar- you can bet it is AstroTurf. ~ Rick Warren
This doesn't just apply to marriage. It applies to all aspects of life. If you want something to work, it takes work. It takes prayer, seeking the Word, and hearing the voice of the Lord for your life. Otherwise you will keep chasing a mirage.
The "voice of ambition" tempts you to do things God hasn't CALLED you to do even though you are GIFTED for it. ~ Stovall Weems
Stovall is one of my new favorites. And this quote from him shows one of the reasons why. I know of so many people that are talented and gifted in many ways. Some of them use their talent in what they are called to do. Many of them sacrifice their talent for the sake of the call. What is more important...our talent or what God wants us to do?
Leaders goal: Replace confusion with certainty; and double-mindedness with clarity, by seeking the mind of the Spirit! ~ Brian Houston
Plainly said. Brian Houston is the pastor at Hillsong Church in Australia. A great leader that has a strong leadership team that has been together through the small beginnings and now through their stadium-seated church.
These are some of my favorites. I have many more. These have recently spoken loudly to me.
1 comment:
love.
Post a Comment