Friday, May 14, 2010

~ 2 weeks until 2 months~

Does anybody else think it's dumb that my kids only get a 2-month summer? We had 3 months when I was a kid. And I'm not sure that I think that fall break and a couple of extra days at Christmas vacation make up for it. I'd rather have 3 months at the pool, for traveling, and being spontaneous. We have so many friends that we want to visit and D & I want a vacation together.

D and our oldest are going to the Braves' game tonight. They get to walk around the field with their team. Instead of sitting in the crappy seats that they offer for the little league teams, D bought tickets sitting on the 3rd base line. They should have fun.

This past week was casual week at school. I'm so glad that my kids wear uniforms. It's so much easier to say, "you're wearing your green shirt and khakis" instead of arguing over what they're going to wear. Our daughter wanted to wear the same shirt everyday this week. Ummmm...no.

OK...that's all.

3 comments:

Robin said...

I know, right? I LOVE it when my kids are out of school.....it just gets shorter and shorter every year!

{{{HUGS}}}}

Robin :o)

Jen said...

if you homeschool you can vacation whenever you want...and prices are cheaper and crowds are smaller in the fall.

Debbie said...

In our part of Missouri, they still get 3 months. In England, they get only 6 weeks! However, they do get 3 different week-long half-term breaks (Oct, Feb, May) and 2 weeks for Christmas and 2 weeks for Easter...so it sort of evens out. Even tho I homeschool, I find it more convenient to go by their schedule here. I miss the 3 months off tho.

 
Designed by Lena