Wednesday, March 10, 2010

~ I Cried ~



(photo courtesy of Barbara Petrosky)

Last night the Modesto Nuts won their first game!!! Yes, my son's team mascot is the Nuts. Go ahead and "crack" every joke that you want. We already have. And they just keep coming.

Every boy on the team hit so well last night. Two boys got a home run, one of them being a cousin. S got a single and a double. He also played at the pitcher position for a couple of innings (it's Coach-pitch).

After the game they gave out 3 game-balls. Our son received one of those. I was crying. I wasn't crying because my son is a great ball player. I was crying because it was given to him because of his attitude in the game and love of playing, just as much as his effort in playing.

When we got home, I posted about this on FB. A couple of people responded with a "congrats" before he went to bed. To make him even sweeter, he said, "Tell them I said 'thank you'". Ah man, I love that kid.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Awww, how sweet. I love that you cried and that he got awarded for those reasons. Very cool.

P.S. Of course you can share the lazy mom site! Share the laziness, ur uh, I mean love!
http://imalazymom.blogspot.com

 
Designed by Lena