Tuesday, February 2, 2010

~ It's Groundhog Day ~

We visited Chuck's grave yesterday. I never ever thought that I would see a headstone that says "May 12, 1957 - May 11, 2009". I never imagined our life without him. I never imagined a scenario in which Chuck was not involved. I took D to the airport last Thursday. We can't take a trip there or even look at an airplane without thinking of Chuck. I think of how many trips we took with him, how many times they flew down to Mexico to visit us, how many trips we were able to take because of him, and so on. I think of the last vacation that we took with him & Becks to Yellowstone and how we discovered the town of Montrose, CO.

I've been reading another blog. A dear friend from high school recently lost her mother unexpectedly. Her Dad started a blog about his life with Julia and his life without her now. I only met him a couple of times in high school via cheerleading dinners at their house or games. By reading this blog, I can see that he is an amazing man and that my friend is so blessed to have the Father that she has. She is also blessed to have the Mother that she had. It kind of makes me wish that I had known them better when we were in high school. It is CRAZY reading his blog because there are a few similarities. Chuck & Tom were both in the Air Force and both worked for Delta. Julia and Chuck both died suddenly. Lisa was pregnant when her Mom died and I was pregnant when Chuck died. We named our baby after Chuck and Lisa named her new baby after her Mom. I love reading his blog. Warning: If you read it, have tissues close by.

On a happier note, today is Groundhog Day. This day I will be quoting the most quotable movie of all time. I'll leave you with this..."Well what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!"

1 comment:

AtlantaMama said...

I can't believe it's been a year. WOW. Yall's family seems super close. Prayign for you today.

 
Designed by Lena