Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We have a serious problem in the world of ballet...

This past Thursday I chaperoned A's field trip to see "The Nutcracker" put on by the Georgia Ballet at the Cobb Civic Center. It was a very good performance. I do have high standards when it comes to ballet, seeing as I love the Atlanta Ballet's "The Nutcracker" and have seen it many times. The Georgia Ballet did a good job and I was overall impressed.

But, seriously. What is up with the male ballerinas and their tights??? Can we not fix this? We have phones that are touch screen, cars that are electric, soft drinks with no calories. I think that someone could invent a more efficient way for men to wear tights discreetly. Ugh. I shudder. There were times during the ballet that I blushed because it was embarrassing to look at. I was sitting there thinking, "please pick a girl up quickly so that my daughter doesn't have time to notice".

I have seen many ballets and I even had a dance instructor that was a man. I've never seen anything this bad. Marcus (former instructor) was very discreet and I never had an issue with his wardrobe. Maybe it's because I didn't have a 5 year old little girl, plus 40 other little kids, watching these men from the 4th to 8th rows.

1 comment:

Robin said...

You know what is funny about this? Dr. S was complaining about the exact same thing this past week! I 100% agree with you...they need to wear a cup or something!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

 
Designed by Lena