Tuesday, January 20, 2009

He broke my heart...

I was so sad to see GWB go today. I cried...many times. I did not get to hear his speech from Texas, but my husband did and he said he shed a few tears. That means I would've been balling. I did not vote for Obama, but we have come a long way to vote in a African-American, even though he's half caucasian. I watched Glenn Beck today. A point was made on his show. When GWB entered office, people had low expectations of him and he had no where to go but up. GWB even confessed that. But Obama has very high expectations put upon him and he has a lot to live up to. Another point brought up today on Glenn Beck and other shows is that you truly don't know the ins & outs of the presidential office. People can gripe and groan at how GWB did stuff, but he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. That's a huge deal! It will be the same for Barack Hussein Obama. He will have the weight of the most powerful nation in the world on his shoulders. I don't envy him at all. If you take a look at GWB now versus eight years ago, he has aged considerably. So to Obama, I hope the best for him, his family, and to this country.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I shed a few tears for him as well. I just felt so bad for him! I wanted to reach out and give him a hug and tell him thank you!

Debbie said...

I don't know how any person decided they want the enormity of that job. It would be too much.

 
Designed by Lena